Thursday, October 9, 2008

Teacher Web Relfections

1. Describe at least 3 ways how you see the use of a class web site could be used to support your future teaching. Provide specific details for each example.
(1) The first thing I can see is it would be a great way to communicate with parents and get them involved in my classroom. Through announcements pages, supply and wish list, as well as homework pages parents can know and be involved in what there student is doing academically. It is also a great way for me to communicate directly with parents if I form a parent page. (2) It is a fun way for students to get to know me and for me to get to know them. The students can look at my about me page and email me with any thoughts or questions. I think it will be very beneficial in my classroom to know my students and I get the opportunity through Teacherweb to have another form of communication with me. I know some students tend to be shy in class but being able to send me disposition assessment through Teacherweb reflections can be a way for them to open up to me. (3) The third way teacher web can be beneficial to me is that I am able to hit a different learning modality and intelligence through it. It provides me with the tools to be able to send kids online to sites I have preapproved. I can have new creative ways to use technology for my lessons and in the classroom. A specific example of this would be to have links to web quest lesson plans that I have created for the classroom. I could also post kiosk PowerPoint lessons for students to learn material as well as quiz themselves. This would be a fun way to teach material.

2 Identify what you see as the top 2 ways students could use a class web site to enhance their learning and provide some justifications for your selections.
One of the most beneficial aspects of teacher web for the students is that teachers can post homework due dates online for them. Students are able to double check when assignments are due, what the rubric looks like, what need to be done for assignments. TeacherWeb can become the student’s own personal planner in a way.
The second very beneficial aspect of TeacherWeb to the students is that they can check their progress in the class. Teachers are capable of posting the students grade anonyms by student ID number online with not only there grade but what grades they received on what assignments.

3 Think about the page types and features of the Teacher Web system. What do you feel where the 2 strongest features or page types within the Teacher Web system? Why do you see these as the strongest?
I think the response page and the link page were the most beneficial and or strongest styles of pages. I think the response page is so great because it is so versatile. It can help build quizzes or have generic questionnaires. Teachers can get feedback on their teaching as well as feedback on the student’s learning. The links page may not be as versatile but it is well used. When you already have students online having the capacity to send them to links that you have approved for their educational learning is a great advantage. I think that is why these two page styles are of the greatest advantage to use.

No comments: